Alexz Johnson France, le forum de référence
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Alexz Johnson France, le forum de référence

Forum sur Alexz Johnson talentueuse chanteuse et actrice. Venez découvrir ses dernières news, Twitter, ses chansons, ses photos...

Site du forum  AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Article de CTV

AuteurMessage
Lu
Admin
Lu

Féminin
Bélier Tigre
Date de naissance : 30/03/1986
Prénom : Lucie

Article de CTV Empty
MessageSujet: Article de CTV   Article de CTV Icon_minitimeMer 8 Oct 2008 - 17:38

Citation :

Tyrone Warner, CTV.ca

Alexz Johnson and Tyler Kyte might play performers on “Instant Star,” but that doesn’t keep them from making their own way in the music industry off the show.

Johnson, who plays Jude, is on the verge of releasing an album of originals, and has gained a reputation as a powerful singer around the globe.

Her co-star Kyte, who plays “Spiederman,” is gaining massive underground buzz with his own band “Sweet Thing.” The band is known for copious amounts of contagious energy at their electric live shows.

CTV.ca talked to Johnson and Kyte in MTV Live’s green room about the Canadian debut of the show’s third season.

“We are very excited, people believe that I still have a job,” Alexz says with a laugh.

“We are looking forward to watching a few episodes with our friends and laughing our heads off,” adds Tyler.

One of the biggest changes to the show is the addition of Cory Lee, who plays Karma, the latest winner of G-Major’s “Instant Star” singing contest.

Lee is a Juno-nominated singer, who has recently released her second album, “Sinful Innocence.”

“It’s always nice having new people come in, especially other talented musicians,” says Kyte.

Johnson says that Lee easily found her place with the tight-knit cast.

“You spend so much time together on set, it’s like you become a family. It’s not like a five- or eight-hour work shift, it’s more like 12,” she says.

“As the show grows, the cast and crew get more familiar with one another,” says Kyte.

Johnson, decked out in tight black jeans and a black button-up top, says that season three is influenced by current trends in pop culture and the music industry -- like mashing two celeb’s names together to make a new name hybrid.

“We use that as inspiration. The show is kind of spoofy in that way,” says Johnson.

With the amount of musical talent in this cast, it’s no surprise that impromptu performances are often breaking out on set. Kyte, usually with a guitar in his hands, says he always gets Johnson to join in with him.

“We do little shows on the set. We’re having a good time,” says Johnson.

Music on the side

Due to problems with her previous record deal, Johnson’s new album has been delayed.

The yet-to-be-titled album has all the music finished, and she says it’s all a matter of finding the right label to release it.

“I’m shopping around now, and looking to have a deal settled in the next couple months,” she says.

“I’m not in a rush, all the music’s done. I know what I want to do, and I’m keeping my eyes on the project.”

Kyte’s band “Sweet Thing” is also on the verge of success.

“We’ve got some interest from different labels and that’s exciting. We’re really, really pumped,” says Kyte.

“I’d like to say that we’re going to release our full-length record in a year-and-a-half.”

Homegrown pride

While season three is just debuting in Canada now, filming of season four is on the verge of wrapping up.

The show is shot in Toronto in the Epitome Studios, a converted printing factory, where “Degrassi: The Next Generation” is also filmed.

Johnson says that she loves working on the show, and hopes that it continues to have a successful run.

“I’m proud to be Canadian, and proud that this is a Canadian show, and supporting Canadian talent. It’s all good,” she says.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://alexz-johnson.fr

Article de CTV
Page 1 sur 1